What is MOVE?
MOVE by GoodLife Kids has been designed exclusively to get youth with disabilities active, and is offered free to families. Once registered, participants get access to 3 live online small group sessions each week led by one of our passionate coaches.
MOVE is for youth ages 12 – 21 years with intellectual disabilities or autism.
NOW accepting participant applications for MOVE! Scroll down to see which program session works for you.
TRY OUT MOVE
Try out MOVE for FREE on the first and third Tuesday of each month
Not sure if MOVE is for you? Our TRY IT sessions are your opportunity to give MOVE a try before joining a class.
What to Expect
We hope YOU will learn to LOVE fitness and physical activity as much as we do!
As a MOVE Participant, you’ll be part of a small group of Participants, and work closely with your Coach to help you achieve your fitness goals – whatever they may be.
You’ll be invited to 3 virtual activities every week – all year long (days and times vary depending on the program in your area). Join us for 30-60 minute adaptive fitness activities like:
- Fundamental Series: Fitness Basics and Stretching/Yoga
- Cardio Series: Dance, Circuit, and Bootcamp
- Strength Series: Upper Body, Lower Body, and Core
A typical MOVE session starts with social time for Participants and your Coach, followed by a fun workout, and finishes with a relaxing meditation.
Once you have joined us for a month, you will be sent a welcome kit in the mail which includes a Participant shirt and some workout gear to make the most of your workouts.
Our long-term goal is to provide MOVE Participants with the skills to increase your physical literacy and build your own love of fitness!
Since fitness is more fun with friends, we would love for your caregiver to join in too!
What do we like about MOVE? Everything. The coaches, the platform, the convenience and the routine. Very well done and perfectly...
Jane & William
This is the first program that is consistent three times a week and Coach Deep supports me in adapting different exercises to my ab...
We can do it together, she can do the classes with myself, her dad, her sister or her brother and they are all impressed and proud ...
Keira & Stephanie
Choose the schedule that works best for you. Programs are offered in every time zone across Canada!
Keep scrolling to meet the Coaches
- 7pm PT Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays with Coach Sara
- 7pm MT Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays with Coach Sarah
- 6pm ET Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays with Coach Sherry
- 6:30pm ET Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays with Coach Ash
- 7pm ET Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays with Coach Jenna
- 6pm AT/6:30 NT Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays with Coach Deep
We’ve teamed up with these great organizations to bring MOVE to even more youth.
- 7:00pm PT Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays with Coach Lou
- 5:50pm PT Tuesdays and Thursdays
Autism Ontario – Eastern Region:
- 7:00pm ET Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays with Coach Kim
Autism Speaks Canada:
- 7:00pm ET Tuesdays, and Thursdays with Coach Sarah
Down Syndrome Association of Ontario (DSAO):
- 7:15pm ET Wednesdays and Fridays, and 1:00pm ET Saturdays with Coach Sherry
- 7:00pm ET Mondays and Thursdays with Coach Kelly
Windsor-Essex (Family Respite Services, Autism Services Inc. and Up About Down):
- 5:00pm ET Tuesdays and Thursdays with Coach Sobia
The MOVE Team
Are you ready to COACH?
Did you know that youth with special needs often face additional barriers to participation in physical activity? Many typical youth programs don’t offer additional support – or the cost is prohibitive to families. MOVE has been designed to deliver a live online workout and to address a number of the barriers youth face in order to get moving.
MOVE Virtual Coaches are responsible for providing exceptional participant experience through adaptive and progressive workouts delivered over Zoom.
We will provide training on how to work with youth with special needs – if you have a passion for helping everyone thrive through physical activity and fitness, this could be the job for you!
We are not currently hiring, but if you want to be notified of future job postings, follow the link below to subscribe to hiring updates.